Nutrition – A typical Day
All FitterFaster clients receive individualise Nutrition Plans according to their goal weight, sex, activity level and current training program and their individual likes, dislikes and challenges.
I’m going to list a typical day here, minus the quantities as they really are personal and should be measured according to the above factors.
- eggs, scrambled with diced capsicum, mushrooms, tomato and morrocan spice. Serve with walnuts sprinkled on top
- liquid meal: Orange Cream-water, vanilla protein, chopped orange, freshly ground flaxseeds
- chicken breast sliced (left overs from last night) into huge salad of: mixed lettuce, tomato, cucumber, snow peas, carrot sticks and capsicum. fish oil capsules with meal
- greek yoghurt and frozen berries with freshly ground flaxseeds. Served with coffee on the side made with latte flavoured protein powder and water
- steak or lamb with huge salad as per lunch, or mixed steamed or stirfryed veggies. Fish oils
The above is a non-training or light training day (therefore no metabolic window) so therefore all the carbs (yes, there’s lot of carbs) are low energy carbs.
Other ideas are as follows:
Meal 1 could be cantelope topped with cottage cheese and walnuts
Meal 2 could be any different liquid meal as per your plan. Or it could be cottage cheese and berries with nuts or flaxseed. You could also opt for a portion of left over meat and veg from last nights meal
Meal 3 could be any protein-eggs, chicken, fish,lamb, beef etc with any salad or vegetables
Meal 4 could be any of the above
Meal 5 ditto.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Always choose non-processed foods over processed ones
- Include protein, carbs and fats in all meals. Lose the fats in meals within the Metabolic Window
- Use leftovers. I make leftovers on purpose. Just serve up an extra meal and put it in the fridge for tomorrow. You can eat at home or take to work-easy!
- Don’t force yourself to eat stuff you don’t like. there are always alternatives
- Limit fruit to 2 serves per day especially if you’re trying to lose body fat
- Make use of protein supplements, only if you need to and LIMIT THEM TO MAXIMUM OF 2 SERVES PER DAY. Eat real food whenever you can
- Drink 2-3 litres of water every day
- Eat every 2-3 hours till you gain control over food and make great choices most of the time.
I hope this helps you guys sort this out. Anyone who needs help with nutrition can email me any time. I also do Nutrition Plans online if you’re not a client but need serious help.