Want to try Yoga?
I love yoga, but unfortunately, haven’t practiced it lately for many reasons -read excuses.
During June, we are going to add Yoga to the FitterFaster menu on a trial basis. Participation will be free, but there will be strictly limited numbers due to room and equipment constraints.
The trial yoga classes will be conducted during June at 7pm on a Tuesday night at FitterFaster base camp. They will commmence 7th June. Naomi will be running the classes for us.
Current clients will have first preference for places, but if you’re not yet a client and would like to trial yoga, please contact me via email straight away at : firstname.lastname@example.org
So what’s in it for you and why would I put FitterFaster on the menu?
Some of the benefits of practicing yoga are:
- Improved flexibility-perhaps obvious, but something we often lack and leave till last in our fitness programs
- Better functioning of tendons, ligaments and muscles through the way that yoga uses them in synergy. This can, and will, lead to better recovery, improvement in function to prevent and even help heal injuries especially in fit individuals.
- By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various internal organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing and more energy.
- A better sense of awareness within your body. Without sounding all airy-fairy, having a better ‘feel’ for your own body can make you more aware if illness is impending, or an injury is on the verge of occurring. Benefits of this are that you can take earlier action to prevent or lessen an injury or condition.
- Better sleep and more energy are also benefits associated with yoga. As well as improved immunity, better posture and strength and balance improvements.