4 Things you Should do to Change Your Body
- Use Resistance Training Yes, you must do some sort of resistance training if you want to change you body. Ladies, this applies to you too! Those workouts that use soup cans are not what I’m talking about either. The weight you use, whether it’s dumbbells, rocks, bars, kettle bells, bands or your own bodyweight, will need to challenge you. Loads and loads of reps with really light weights may produce a ‘burn’ eventually, but you really need to lift heavier if you want to change you body shape.
- Skip the cardio machines Doing cardio for long periods of time, should be the last thing in your arsenal of fat fighting methods. You don’t expend enough calories to make a significant difference (please ignore the readings on the machines-they are inaccurate mostly) and you’l easily replace what you did burn by having a skinny latte on the way home or too large of a serving of something at tea time. Instead, you should be doing some sort of interval training where you are working really hard for shorter periods and resting long enough to enable you to keep up the intensity for the required time. Hill sprints, dragging heavy objects, drills like burpees or tyre flipping and even some weighted exercises like squatting with medium weights done for time will burn heaps more calories and also cause your body to burn more energy for longer as it returns to normal state over the rest of the day. How many people do you see on the stepper, elliptical, treadmill or bike day after day, week after week, year after year looking as if they are working reasonably hard, but they never look any different?
- Use full body exercises in a full body workout. If losing fat and changing your body shape are your goals, whether you’re a man or woman, full body workouts are a must. Stop doing crunches, bicep curls and dog kicks and instead, start using as many muscles together as possible. Squats, thrusters, presses, lunges, plank variations, dragging heavy things and rowing are all drills that work large amounts of muscle at a time. This upsets the bodies homeostasis the most and causes it to adapt in the biggest way. Combine resistance work and interval training in the one workout to get the most out of every training session.
- Clean up your diet. Absolutely essential to success. It doesn’t matter how much you train, or how good your training program is if you still eat crap. You can shove a lot more calories into you mouth than you can ever hope to burn off in a workout. Cut out processed foods and stop drinking any beverage that supplies you with calories. Eat more fruits, vegetables, lean meats, seafood, eggs, nuts and seeds.
Combine these 4 steps and you will achieve success. Give it time and you will see a toned, shapely body that isn’t covered in fat. Fat loss is really quite easy if you take the necessary steps consistently over time.
It’s no use ‘being really good’ for a few days and then giving up because nothing happened. It may take a few weeks to start noticing major changes and then months to reach your goals. But if you hang in there, it will happen.
I guarantee all my programs at FitterFaster. Whether you choose Bootcamp, Private Training or a combination, you’ll train using the principles above. My nutrition guidelines are simple to follow and do work. If you don’t see results, I will refund your money. That’s how confident that they work.
Give me a call if you need help with any of the above, or visit my website www.fitterfasteronline.com to get free workouts and nutrition advice that you can use at home.
We have a new TRIAL MEMBERSHIP program that gives you:
- unlimited access to Bootcamp for 3 weeks
- 3 Private Training sessions with me
- A nutrition plan
- assessments to record your progress
- Total Cost for all of the above is $75
Email me at email@example.com or call me on 0429 612975 for more details