Tips for brides to be (and the rest of us)
Of course, you don’t need to be a bride to be to benefit from these tips.
Having a goal date in mind does help though, so if there is no impending wedding, what about that summer holiday, or anniversary, new years day, christmas family get together or perhaps a friends wedding or engagement party. What about your birthday??
- EAT OFTEN – Eat as soon as you can after you get out of bed, and then eat every 2-3 hours after that till early evening. If you are eating good food this often, you will be a lot less inclined to pick at foods you shouldn’t be eating and you will not be hungry.
- EAT PROTEIN WITH EVERY MEAL/SNACK – Always have some kind of protein source every time you eat. Chicken, beef, lamb and fish are obvious choices, but what about eggs-freshly cooked or hard boiled beforehand, cottage cheese, or even a protein powder occasionally.
- EAT FRUIT OR VEGETABLES WITH EVERY MEAL/SNACK – this is where you get your carbohydrates from, along with heaps of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. These are also a great source of fibre. I do not recommend avoiding carbs. What you should be doing, is getting your carbs from fruits and vegetables.
- DRINK ENOUGH WATER – The amount varies depending on who you ask, but aim for 1.5 to 2 litres per day of filtered (not bottled) water per day on top of the water you drink while you train
- SUPPLEMENT EVERY DAY – 2 supplements that you shouldn’t go without are: a multi vitamin/mineral and omega 3 fatty acids (like fish oils) The benefits of these are too numerous to list fully here, but include increasing metabolism, reducing inflammation, helping with recovery, improving hair and skin conditions, preventing some cancers, enhancing immunity and reducing joint pain.
- TRAIN AT LEAST 5 TIMES PER WEEK – Getting and keeping in great shape takes hard work. If that wasn’t true, everyone you know would be looking fantasticly fit and healthy. How many people do you know that you can honestly say look fit and lean and are full of energy and have fantastic health? Of those that you can think of, how do they maintain it? It doesn’t just happen by accident does it? And as if I need to say it again, training must be high quality, intense training to get great results. Get out of that comfort zone and make it happen.
So there you have it. Use these tips to get ready for the big day, whatever it is.
Let me know how you go with this, or if you have any questions.