I’m not losing weight-HELP!!
Does this sound like you? First you need to ask yourself these questions:
- Am I training often enough? Several recent studies published in the International Journal of Obesity(31 : 1786-1797, 2007) and the Archives Internal Medicine (168: 1552-1559, 2008) made the findings that you need to exercise for at least 1 hour a day, 5 days a week to lose fat effectively and keep it off. The studies showed that people who trained a lot and ate more food lost much more fat than those who ate less but didn’t exercise. It’s not all about calories in and calories out!!
- Am I training hard enough? The same studies also monitored exercise intensity. They proved that high intensity training works heaps better to reduce fat levels and improve fitness. This has been proven time and time again. This is why walking does not work. This is why sitting on the exercise bike or cross trainer, for hours even, doesn’t work. To put this simply, you must push yourself out of your comfort zone. You must get huffed and puffed and you must feel those muscles burning. How many people do you know that have been ‘going to the gym’ forever but don’t look any different? Are you one of them? If you are not fit-you will not have low body fat levels no matter how long you spend doing your low intensity training.
- Am I eating properly? How many times have I said “you cannot out-train a bad diet?” It doesn’t matter how you justify it to yourself-‘I worked out today, one won’t hurt’ or ‘if I run that extra 10 minutes I will burn X calories and be able to have that (insert favourite treat)’ If you eat crap, you will not have low body fat levels. Training hard and eating properly go hand in hand to create a fit, healthy and lean body. You must understand this!! Eating lots of healthy, real food is at least 50% of the solution. Starving yourself and/or eating rubbish will not get you the body you want
- Do you expect magic? Okay, so you came along and tried it, signed up, you payed your money, had your assessment and then what happened. It was magic. You told everyone that you go to Bootcamp. It was like a miracle, you could see the fat melting off every day, heck you could see the difference every time you looked in the mirror. But that didn’t happen did it?? No, you discovered that it doesn’t work by itself. You actually have to come, you actually have to put in the effort and you have to do it often. It’s not enough to pay the money and say you do it-you actually have to do it yourself.
- Do you have a lot of excuses? After the initial excitement, the novelty started to wear off. You started training only once or twice a week (or even less.) It was too hard, what with the kids and work. It was getting cold in the mornings and as for going out in the dark in the evening well-enough said. You’re just not a morning person and your partner had to start work early. The kids don’t want you to go and you are just so tired after work and have a million things to do. The kids are sick, or woke during the night. I understand-NOT!!! You know we all have the same 24 hours in the day. Do you watch TV? You could train while you watch your favourite show. Do you spend time on Facebook, My Space or just surfing the net-come on be honest. That is time you could spend cooking healthy food or training.
So how did you go? Did you answer these questions honestly? If you are doing all of these things, you will have the lean, healthy body that you want. It may take some time, but you will get results. I guarantee it, but you must make the effort! If you follow the program and don’t get results, I will refund you money-all of it.
For more info on healthy eating and loads of free workouts you can do at home, visit www.fitterfasteronline.com
If you would like to try Bootcamp for free, go to the website and complete the ‘Try Bootcamp for Free’ form. Then contact me via phone or email to organise the best time for you to start. There is absolutely no obligation to sign up or anything if you come along and try it. I want to give you the opportunity to see for yourself if you would enjoy it because there is no use signing up for something that you are not sure about.
The only thing I know for sure is that if you train with intensity often and eat real, nonprocessed foods daily, you will lose the fat and you will get fit, healthy and lean. There is no magic!!
NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS
You can contact me any time on 0429 612975 or via email email@example.com